[ClusterLabs] Resources are stopped and started when one node rejoins

Octavian Ciobanu coctavian1979 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 15:04:14 UTC 2017

Thank you for info.
Looking over the output of the crm_simulate I've noticed the "notice"
messages and with the help of the debug mode I've found this sequence in log

Aug 28 16:23:19 [13802] node03 crm_simulate:    debug:
native_assign_node:      Assigning node01 to DLM:2
Aug 28 16:23:19 [13802] node03 crm_simulate:   notice: color_instance:
Pre-allocation failed: got node01 instead of node02
Aug 28 16:23:19 [13802] node03 crm_simulate:     info:
native_deallocate:       Deallocating DLM:2 from core01
Aug 28 16:23:19 [13802] node03 crm_simulate:    debug:
native_assign_node:      Assigning core01 to DLM:3
Aug 28 16:23:19 [13802] node03 crm_simulate:   notice: color_instance:
Pre-allocation failed: got node01 instead of node03
Aug 28 16:23:19 [13802] node03 crm_simulate:     info:
native_deallocate:       Deallocating DLM:3 from core01
Aug 28 16:23:19 [13802] node03 crm_simulate:    debug:
native_assign_node:      Assigning core01 to DLM:0
Aug 28 16:23:19 [13802] node03 crm_simulate:     info:
rsc_merge_weights:       DLM:2: Rolling back scores from iSCSI2-clone
Aug 28 16:23:19 [13802] node03 crm_simulate:     info:
rsc_merge_weights:       DLM:2: Rolling back scores from iSCSI2-clone
Aug 28 16:23:19 [13802] node03 crm_simulate:    debug:
native_assign_node:      Assigning node03 to DLM:2
Aug 28 16:23:19 [13802] node03 crm_simulate:     info:
rsc_merge_weights:       DLM:3: Rolling back scores from iSCSI2-clone
Aug 28 16:23:19 [13802] node03 crm_simulate:     info:
rsc_merge_weights:       DLM:3: Rolling back scores from iSCSI2-clone
Aug 28 16:23:19 [13802] node03 crm_simulate:    debug:
native_assign_node:      Assigning node02 to DLM:3

This suggests that the restarted node attempts to occupy a dlm journal that
is allocated to another note and by doing so triggers a chain reaction
leading to all resources being restarted on all nodes.

I will try a different approach (based on your suggestions) on starting
DLM, iSCSI and Mount resources and see if this changes anything.

If based on the log you have any suggestions they are welcome.

Thank you again for the help.