[ClusterLabs] Antw: Re: Notification agent and Notification recipients

Sriram sriram.ec at gmail.com
Mon Aug 14 13:19:50 UTC 2017

Yes, I had precreated the script file with the required permission.

[root@*node1* alerts]# ls -l /usr/share/pacemaker/alert_file.sh
-rwxr-xr-x. 1 root root 4140 Aug 14 01:51 /usr/share/pacemaker/alert_file.sh
 [root@*node2* alerts]# ls -l /usr/share/pacemaker/alert_file.sh
-rwxr-xr-x. 1 root root 4139 Aug 14 01:51 /usr/share/pacemaker/alert_file.sh
[root@*node3* alerts]# ls -l /usr/share/pacemaker/alert_file.sh
-rwxr-xr-x. 1 root root 4139 Aug 14 01:51 /usr/share/pacemaker/alert_file.sh

Later I observed that user "hacluster" is not able to create the log file
under /usr/share/pacemaker/alert_file.log.
I am sorry, I should have observed this in the log before posting the
query. Then I gave the path as /tmp/alert_file.log, it is able to create
now.
Thanks for pointing it out.

I have one more clarification,

if the resource is running in node2,
[root at node2 tmp]# pcs resource
 TRR    (ocf::heartbeat:TimingRedundancyRA):    Started node2

And I executed the below command to make it standby.
[root at node2 tmp] # pcs node standby node2

Resource shifted to node3, because of higher location constraint.
[root at node2 tmp]# pcs resource
 TRR    (ocf::heartbeat:TimingRedundancyRA):    Started node3.

I got the log file created under node2(resource stopped) and node3(resource
started).

Node1 was not notified about the resource shift, I mean no log file was
created there.
Its because alerts are designed to notify the external agents about the
cluster events. Its not for internal notifications.

Is my understanding correct ?

Regards,
Sriram.