[ClusterLabs] Antw: Re: big trouble with a DRBD resource

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Tue Aug 8 08:18:20 UTC 2017

>>> Ken Gaillot <kgaillot at redhat.com> schrieb am 07.08.2017 um 22:26 in Nachricht
<1502137587.5788.83.camel at redhat.com>:

[...]
> Unmanaging doesn't stop monitoring a resource, it only prevents starting
> and stopping of the resource. That lets you see the current status, even
> if you're in the middle of maintenance or what not. You can disable

This feature is discussable IMHO: If you plan to update the RAs, it seems a bad idea to run the monitor (that is part of the RA). Especially if a monitor detects a problem while in maintenance (e.g. the updated RA needs a new or changed parameter), it will cause actions once you stop maintenance mode, right?
My preference would be to leave the RAs completely alone while in maintenance mode. Leaving maintenance mode could trigger a re-probe to make sure the cluster is happy with the current state.

> monitoring separately by setting the enabled="false" meta-attribute on
> the monitor operation.
>
> Standby would normally stop all resources from running on a node (and
> thus all monitors as well), but if a resource is unmanaged, standby
> won't override that -- it'll prevent the cluster from starting any new
> resources on the node, but it won't stop the unmanaged resource (or any
> of its monitors).
[...]

Regards,
Ulrich