[ClusterLabs] IPaddr2 RA and bonding

Dimitri Maziuk dmaziuk at bmrb.wisc.edu
Mon Aug 7 17:55:58 UTC 2017

On 08/07/2017 12:39 PM, Tomer Azran wrote:

> I'm thinking of writing a simple script that will take a bond down using ifdown command when there are no slaves available and put it on /sbin/ifdown-local

FWIW rolling monitoring functions into start/stop instead of using
separate mon daemon has always been on of my big gripes with the current
incarnation of linux ha stack.

I've a nic.monitor script here that's simply

> open( IN, "ethtool $nic 2>&1 |" ) or die "Cannot run ethtool $nic: $OS_ERROR\n";
> while( $line = <IN> ) {
>     if( $line =~ /Link\s+detected:\s+yes$/ ) {
>         $rc = 0;
>         last;
>     }
> }
> close( IN );
> exit( $rc );

and it doesn't have to be a "resource agent" or a custom implementation
of ifdown, or anything.

--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin