[ClusterLabs] nginx resource - how to reload config or do a config test

Przemyslaw Kulczycki upr at avaleo.net
Mon Aug 7 10:32:10 EDT 2017

Hi.
I have a 2-node cluster with a cloned IP and nginx configured.

user at proxy04 ~]$ sudo pcs resource show --full
 Clone: ha-ip-clone
  Meta Attrs: clone-max=2 clone-node-max=2 globally-unique=true
resource-stickiness=0
  Resource: ha-ip (class=ocf provider=heartbeat type=IPaddr2)
   Attributes: cidr_netmask=24 clusterip_hash=sourceip ip=192.68.20.240
   Operations: monitor interval=5s timeout=15s (ha-ip-monitor-interval-5s)
               start interval=0s timeout=20s (ha-ip-start-interval-0s)
               stop interval=0s timeout=20s (ha-ip-stop-interval-0s)
 Clone: ha-nginx-clone
  Meta Attrs: clone-max=2 clone-node-max=1 globally-unique=true
resource-stickiness=0
  Resource: ha-nginx (class=ocf provider=heartbeat type=nginx)
   Attributes: configfile=/etc/nginx/nginx.conf
   Operations: monitor interval=5s timeout=20s
(ha-nginx-monitor-interval-5s)
               start interval=0s timeout=60s (ha-nginx-start-interval-0s)
               stop interval=0s timeout=60s (ha-nginx-stop-interval-0s)

$ pcs --version
0.9.158

I have 2 questions about that resource type:
1) How do I reload nginx config in the clustered resource without
restarting the nginx process?
pcs doesn't have an option to do that (analogous to pcs resource restart
ha-nginx-clone)
Is there a pacemaker command to do that?

According to http://linux-ha.org/doc/man-pages/re-ra-nginx.html this type
of agent supports a reload option, so how can I use it?

2) How do I do an nginx config test with the clustered resource?

I know I can do a "nginx -t", but is there an option to do it using
pacemaker/pcs commands on both nodes?

--
Best Regards

Przemysław Kulczycki