[ClusterLabs] Antw: Re: big trouble with a DRBD resource

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Mon Aug 7 13:43:00 UTC 2017

>>> "Lentes, Bernd" <bernd.lentes at helmholtz-muenchen.de> schrieb am 07.08.2017 um
15:23 in Nachricht
<746073802.14757386.1502112229201.JavaMail.zimbra at helmholtz-muenchen.de>:

> ----- On Aug 4, 2017, at 10:19 PM, kgaillot kgaillot at redhat.com wrote:
>

>> The "ERROR" message is coming from the DRBD resource agent itself, not
>> pacemaker. Between that message and the two separate monitor operations,
>> it looks like the agent will only run as a master/slave clone.
>
> Btw:
> Does the crm/lrm call the RA in the same way init does with scripts in
> /etc/init.d ?

Hi Bernd!

If you ever tried to run an RA by hand, you wouldn't have asked, I guess.
The RA needs ist parameters from environment, while typical LSB scripts take their configuration from files (/etc/sysconfig). I hope you are not talking about using LSB scripts as RAs.

> E.g if a resource has a monitor interval from 120, the RA is called every 2
> min from the cluster with the option monitor ?

I hope you are not expecting init (etc/init.d) to do periodic status checks (actually init can check the status of processes it stared directly, but I'm sure you know that).

Regards,
Ulrich