[ClusterLabs] Fwd: Multi cluster

sharafraz khan khan.sharafraz at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 11:07:55 EDT 2017

Hi,

I am new to clustering so please ignore if my Question sounds silly, i have
a requirement were in i need to create cluster for ERP application with
apache, VIP component,below is the scenario

We have 5 Sites,
1. DC
2. Site A
3. Site B
4. Site C
5. Site D

Over here we need to configure HA as such that DC would be the primary Node
hosting application & be accessed from by all the users in each sites, in
case of Failure of DC Node, Site users should automatically be switched to
there local ERP server, and not to the Nodes at other sites, so
communication would be as below

DC < -- > Site A
DC < -- > Site B
DC < -- > Site C
DC < -- > Site D

Now the challenge is

1. If i create a cluster between say DC < -- > Site A it won't allow me to
create another cluster on DC with other sites

2. if i setup all the nodes in single cluster how can i ensure that in case
of Node Failure or loss of connectivity to DC node from any site, users
from that sites should be switched to Local ERP node and not to nodes on
other site.

a urgent response and help would be quite helpful

--
Regards.
Sharafraz Khan.

Problem in Windows -- ReBoot