[ClusterLabs] Antw: DRBD and SSD TRIM - Slow!

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Wed Aug 2 06:27:41 UTC 2017

Hi!

I know little about trim operations, but you could try one of these:

1) iotop to see whether some I/O is done during trimming (assuming trimming itself is not considered to be I/O)

2) Try blocktrace on the affected devices to see what's going on. It's hard to set up and to extract the info you are looking for, but it provides deep insights

3) Watch /sys/block/$BDEV/stat for performance statistics. I don't know how well DRBD supports these, however (e.g. MDRAID shows no wait times and no busy operations, while a multipath map has it all).

Regards,
Ulrich

>>> Eric Robinson <eric.robinson at psmnv.com> schrieb am 02.08.2017 um 07:09 in
Nachricht
<DM5PR03MB27297014DF96DC01FE849A63FAB00 at DM5PR03MB2729.namprd03.prod.outlook.com>