[ClusterLabs] can't live migrate VirtualDomain which is part of a group

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Mon Apr 24 17:11:17 EDT 2017

On 04/24/2017 02:33 PM, Lentes, Bernd wrote:

>> I don't see allow-migrate on the IP. Is this a modified IPaddr? The
>> stock resource agent doesn't support migrate_from/migrate_to.
>
> Not modified. I can migrate the resource without the group easily between the nodes. And also if i try to live-migrate the whole group,
> the IP is migrated.

Unfortunately, migration is not live migration ... a resource (the VM)
can't be live-migrated if it depends on another resource (the IP) that
isn't live-migrateable.

If you modify IPaddr to be live-migrateable, it should work. It has to
support migrate_from and migrate_to actions, and advertise them in the
meta-data. It doesn't necessarily have to do anything different from
stop/start, as long as that meets your needs.