[ClusterLabs] Antw: Re: 2-Node Cluster Pointless?

Alex Bruneau abruneau at alteeve.ca
Tue Apr 18 19:15:36 EDT 2017

If your 1 node cluster hits a split brain situation, you have got bigger problems!

Unless you can guarantee that a cluster can not encounter a split brain (to the same degree a 1 node cluster can!), any cluster solution worth installing should have a robust fencing method. Preferably more than one, really.

Therein lies the true value: what happens when something really messes up? How much do you really want to drive to the DC at 3am?