[ClusterLabs] 2-Node Cluster Pointless?

Dimitri Maziuk dmaziuk at bmrb.wisc.edu
Mon Apr 17 13:45:30 EDT 2017

On 04/17/2017 11:58 AM, Digimer wrote:

> ... Unless I am misunderstanding, your comment is related to
> serviceability of clusters in general. I'm failing to link the contexts.
> Similarly, I'm not sure how this relates to "new" vs. "best"...

You can't know if *a* customer can access the service it provides. You
can know if the service access point is up and connected to the server
process.

Take a simple example of shared-nothing read-only cluster: all you need
to know is that the daemon is bound to '*' and the floating ip is bound
to eth0.

This is the "best" in that it's simple, stupid, does all you you
need/can do and nothing that doesn't make your cluster run any "better".
 It's also very unexciting.

--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin