[ClusterLabs] Loss of quoram not detected. corosync 1.4.8 , pacemaker 1.1.14. CentOS 6

Digimer lists at alteeve.ca
Thu Apr 13 17:10:33 EDT 2017

On 13/04/17 05:07 PM, neeraj ch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have three node cluster set up. My corosync config is as follows.
>
> compatibility: whitetank
> totem {
>     version: 2
>     secauth: on
>     threads: 0
>     interface {
>     member{
>         memberaddr: ip
>         }
>     member{
>         memberaddr:ip
>          }
>     member{
>         memberaddr:ip
>         }
>     bindnetaddr:172.31.31.12
>     ringnumber: 0
>     mcastport: 5405
>     ttl: 1
>     }
>     transport: udpu
> }
> logging {
>     fileline: off
>     to_stderr:yes
>     to_logfile: yes
>     to_syslog:yes
>     logfile:/var/log/cluster/corosync.log
>     debug:off
>     timestamp: on
>     logger_subsys {
>     subsys: AMF
>     debug:off
>     }
> }
> service {
>     name: pacemaker
>     ver: 1
> }
> amf {
>     mode: disabled
> }
>

> I went on to partition the master, the rest of the cluster considered
> the master down and elected a new master.
>
> But the corosync on the partitoned node didnt realize loss of quoram and
> consequently pacemaker didnt shut down the resources. Giving me a
> multi-master scenario.
>
> I have tried adding , quorum tool as votequoram and it seems to give the
> same result.
>
> Why isn't corosync not detecting this scenario ? any ideas.
>
> I used IP tables to block all UDP traffic in and out of the node . I
> didn't block traffic on lo.
>
> any help would be appreciated.

On EL6, cman is the quorum provider. You need to have a skeleton
cluster.conf setup with it's fencing passed over to pacemaker via
fence_pcmk.

It you use pcs/pcsd, it will configure everything for you. Do NOT
configure corosync directly; You need to configure it inside cman
itself. Reset corosync.conf back to defaults.

Reference;

http://clusterlabs.org/doc/en-US/Pacemaker/1.1-plugin/html-single/Clusters_from_Scratch/index.html

--
Digimer
"I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of