[ClusterLabs] KVM virtualdomain - stopped

Jaco van Niekerk jaco at bitco.co.za
Thu Apr 13 04:01:34 EDT 2017

        Hi

I am having endless problems with ocf::heartbeat:VirtualDomain when
failing over to second node. The virtualdomain goes into a stopped state

  virtdom_compact	(ocf::heartbeat:VirtualDomain):	Stopped

* virtdom_compact_start_0 on node2.kvm.bitco.co.za 'unknown error' (1):
call=93, status=complete, exitreason='Failed to start virtual domain
compact.',
     last-rc-change='Thu Apr 13 09:11:16 2017', queued=0ms, exec=369ms

I then aren't able to get it started without deleting the resource and
adding it again:

pcs resource create virtdom_compact ocf:heartbeat:VirtualDomain
config=/etc/libvirt/qemu/compact.xml meta allow-migrate=true op monitor
interval="30"

Looking at virsh list --all
virsh list --all
  Id    Name                           State

It doesn't seam like ocf:heartbeat:VirtualDomain is able to define the
domain and thus the command can't start the domain:

virsh start compact
error: failed to get domain 'compact'
error: Domain not found: no domain with matching name 'compact'

Am I missing something in my configuration:
pcs resource create my_FS ocf:heartbeat:Filesystem params
device=/dev/sdc1 directory=/images fstype=xfs
pcs resource create my_VIP ocf:heartbeat:IPaddr2 ip=192.168.99.10
cidr_netmask=22 op monitor interval=10s
pcs resource create virtdom_compact ocf:heartbeat:VirtualDomain
config=/etc/libvirt/qemu/compact.xml meta allow-migrate=true op monitor
interval="30"

Regards

image:        image: