[ClusterLabs] Pacemaker dependency fails when upgrading OS (Amazon Linux)

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Fri Sep 30 10:24:30 EDT 2016

On 09/29/2016 05:30 PM, neeraj ch wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have pacemaker cluster running on Amazon Linux 2013.03 , details as
> follows.
>
> OS : Amazon Linux 2013.03  64 bit (based off on el6)
> Pacemaker version : 1.1.12 downloaded
> form http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/network:/ha-clustering:/Stable/CentOS_CentOS-6/
> I downloaded all of pacemakers dependencies from the same repository as
> well.
> corosync version : 1.4.1
>
> I worked well until I tried to update using yum update. It looks like
> yum wants to update perl. As soon as I run the update, a dependency
> error is popping showing the pacemaker dependency perl(
> module_compat_5.10.0) will change.

I believe the only perl used by pacemaker is in the
fence_legacy/fence_pcmk fence agents, and the crm_report tool. If you
don't use any of those, you should be fine with ignoring the dependency.

Since Amazon Linux is derived from RHEL, you'd probably have more luck
with the corosync/pacemaker/etc. packages from the comparable CentOS
version instead. There are some library version differences between
RHEL/CentOS and AL though, so no guarantees.