[ClusterLabs] clustering fiber channel pools on multiple wwns

Andrei Borzenkov arvidjaar at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 02:50:43 EDT 2016

06.09.2016 16:45, Gabriele Bulfon пишет:
> Hi, on illumos, I have a way to cluster one zfs pool on two nodes, by
> moving ip,pool and its shares at once on the other node. This works
> for iscsi too: the ip of the target has been migrated together with
> the pool, so the iscsi resource is still there running on the same ip
> (just a different node). Now I was thinking to do the same with fiber
> channel: two nodes, each with its own qlogic fc connected to a fc
> switch, with vmware clients with their fc cards connected on the same
> switch. I can't see how I can do this with fc, because with iscsi I
> can migrate the hosting IP, but with fc I can't migrate the hosting
> wwn! What I need, is to tell vmware that the target volume may be
> running on two different wwns, so a failing wwn should trigger retry
> on the other wwn: the pool and shared volumes will be moving from one
> wwn to the other. Am I dreaming?? Gabriele

Use NPIV to define virtual HBAs that can then be migrated between
servers. This also makes overall configuration more secure as you can
zone only those servers that need access to these virtual HBAs, so they
can see only own resources.

See documentation for virtual ports in QLogic CLI (scli -vp). Your
switch needs NPIV support too.