[ClusterLabs] Change disk

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Thu Sep 15 10:05:49 EDT 2016

On 09/14/2016 09:30 AM, NetLink wrote:
> My two node email server cluster uses corosync 1.4.2.
>
> The device /dev/drbd3, which only holds the email data in a separated
> disk, is running out of space.
>
> To change the two disks for bigger ones I’m thinking to use the
> following strategy:
>
> 1.            Put node 2 in standby
>
> 2.            Change and configure the new bigger disk on node 2
>
> 3.            Put node 2 back online and wait for syncing.
>
> 4.            Put node 1 in standby and repeat the procedure
>
> Would this approach work?
>
> I’m concerned if the meta data of the new disk created on node 2 with
> drdbadm create-md r3 would conflict with node 1.

I think you need to invalidate the data on the new disk and do a full
sync, just as if you were adding the node for the first time. Exact
syntax depends on drbd version. It's probably best to stop the cluster
on node 2 altogether, after putting it in standby, and bring up drbd
manually for the initial sync.

>From your list there, I'm thinking you might have hot swappable disks
... I always loved that feature :)