[ClusterLabs] DRBD failover in Pacemaker

Dmitri Maziuk dmitri.maziuk at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 10:54:18 EDT 2016

On 2016-09-08 02:03, Digimer wrote:

> You need to solve the problem with fencing in DRBD. Leaving it off WILL
> result in a split-brain eventually, full stop. With working fencing, you
> will NOT get a split-brain, full stop.

"Split brain is a situation where, due to temporary failure of all
network links between cluster nodes, and possibly due to intervention by
a cluster management software or human error, both nodes switched to the
primary role while disconnected."
  -- DRBD Users Guide 8.4 # 2.9 Split brain notification.

About the only practical problem with *DRBD* split brain under pacemaker
is that pacemaker won't let you run "drbdadm secondary && drbdadm
connect --discard-my-data" as easy as busted ancient code did.

Dima