[ClusterLabs] fence_apc delay?

Dan Swartzendruber dswartz at druber.com
Tue Sep 6 12:44:22 EDT 2016

On 2016-09-06 10:59, Ken Gaillot wrote:
> On 09/05/2016 09:38 AM, Marek Grac wrote:
>> Hi,

[snip]

> FYI, no special configuration is needed for this with recent pacemaker
> versions. If multiple devices are listed in a topology level, pacemaker
> will automatically convert reboot requests into all-off-then-all-on.

Hmmm, thinking about this some more, this just puts me back in the
current situation (e.g. having an 'extra' delay.)  The issue for me
would be having two fencing devices, each of which needs a brief delay
to let its target's PS drain.  If a single PDU fencing agent does this
(with proposed change):

power-off
wait N seconds
power-on

that is cool.  Unfortunately, with the all-off-then-all-on pacemaker
would do, I would get this:

power-off node A
wait N seconds
power-off node B
wait N seconds
power-on node A
power-on node B

or am I missing something?  If not, seems like it would be nice to have
some sort of delay at the pacemaker level.  e.g. tell pacemaker to
convert a reboot of node A into a 'turn off node A, wait N seconds, turn
on node A'?