[ClusterLabs] fence_apc delay?

Dan Swartzendruber dswartz at druber.com
Tue Sep 6 11:20:04 EDT 2016

On 2016-09-06 10:59, Ken Gaillot wrote:

[snip]

> I thought power-wait was intended for this situation, where the node's
> power supply can survive a brief outage, so a delay is needed to ensure
> it drains. In any case, I know people are using it for that.
>
> Are there any drawbacks to using power-wait for this purpose, even if
> that wasn't its original intent? Is it just that the "on" will get the
> delay as well?

I can't speak to the first part of your question, but for me the second
part is a definite YES.  The issue is that I want a long enough delay to
be sure the host is D E A D and not writing to the pool anymore; but
that delay is now multiplied by 2, and if it gets "too long", vsphere
guests can start getting disk I/O errors...

>> *) Configure fence device to not use reboot but OFF, ON
>> Very same to the situation when there are multiple power circuits; you
>> have to switch them all OFF and afterwards turn them ON.
>
> FYI, no special configuration is needed for this with recent pacemaker
> versions. If multiple devices are listed in a topology level, pacemaker
> will automatically convert reboot requests into all-off-then-all-on.

My understanding was that applied to 1.1.14?  My CentOS 7 host has
pacemaker 1.1.13 :(

[snip]