[ClusterLabs] What cib_stats line means in logfile

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Tue Sep 6 11:12:08 EDT 2016

On 09/05/2016 03:59 PM, Jan Pokorný wrote:
> On 05/09/16 21:26 +0200, Jan Pokorný wrote:
>> On 25/08/16 17:55 +0200, Sébastien Emeriau wrote:
>>> When i check my corosync.log i see this line :
>>>
>>> info: cib_stats: Processed 1 operations (10000.00us average, 0%
>>> utilization) in the last 10min
>>>
>>> What does it mean (cpu load or just information) ?
>>
>> These are just periodically (10 minutes by default, if any
>> operations observed at all) emitted diagnostic summaries that
>> were once considered useful, which was later reconsidered
>> leading to their complete removal:
>>
>> https://github.com/ClusterLabs/pacemaker/commit/73e8c89#diff-37b681fa792dfc09ec67bb0d64eb55feL306
>>
>> Honestly, using as old Pacemaker as 1.1.8 (released 4 years ago)
>
> actually, it must have been even older than that (I'm afraid to ask).
>
>> would be a bigger concern for me.  Plenty of important fixes
>> (as well as enhancements) have been added since then...
>
> P.S. Checked my mailbox, aggregating plentiful sources such as this
> list and various GitHub notifications, and found 1 other trace of
> such an oudated version within this year + 2 another last year(!).

My guess is Debian -- the pacemaker package stagnated in Debian for a
long time, so the stock Debian packages were at 1.1.7 as late as wheezy
(initially released in 2013, but it's LTS until 2018). Then, pacemaker
was dropped entirely from jessie.

Recent versions are once again actively maintained in Debian
backports/unstable, so the situation should improve from here on out,
but I bet a lot of Debian boxes still run wheezy or earlier.