[ClusterLabs] pacemaker doesn't failover when httpd killed

Kristoffer Grönlund kgronlund at suse.com
Mon Sep 5 08:27:19 EDT 2016

Nurit Vilosny <nuritv at mellanox.com> writes:

> Here is the configuration for the httpd:
>
> # pcs resource show cluster_virtualIP
> Resource: cluster_virtualIP (class=ocf provider=heartbeat type=IPaddr2)
>   Attributes: ip=10.215.53.99
>   Operations: monitor interval=20s (cluster_virtualIP-monitor-interval-20s)
>               start interval=0s timeout=20s (cluster_virtualIP-start-interval-0s)
>               stop interval=0s timeout=20s on-fail=restart (cluster_virtualIP-stop-interval-0s)
>
> (yes - I have monitoring configured and yes I used the ocf)

Hi Nurit,

That's just the cluster resource for managing a virtual IP, not the
resource for managing the httpd daemon itself.

If you've only got this resource, then there is nothing that monitors
the web server. You need a cluster resource for the web server as well
(ocf:heartbeat:apache, usually).

You are missing both that resource and the constraints that ensure that
the virtual IP is active on the same node as the web server. The
Clusters from Scratch document on the clusterlabs.org website shows you
how to configure this.

Cheers,
Kristoffer

--