[ClusterLabs] best practice fencing with ipmi in 2node-setups / cloneresource/monitor/timeout

Stefan Bauer stefan.bauer at cubewerk.de
Wed Sep 21 06:51:23 UTC 2016

Hi Ken,

let met sum it up:

Pacemaker in recent versions is smart enough to run (trigger, execute) the fence operation on the node, that is not the target.

If i have an external stonith device that can fence multiple nodes, a single primitive is enough in pacemaker.

If with external/ipmi i can only address a single node, i need to have multiple primitives - one for each node.

In this case it's recommended to let the primitive always run on the opposite node - right?

thank you.

Stefan