[ClusterLabs] Antw: Re: When the DC crmd is frozen, cluster decisions are delayed infinitely

Digimer lists at alteeve.ca
Thu Sep 8 13:53:37 UTC 2016

On 08/09/16 06:51 PM, Shermal Fernando wrote:
> Hi Jehan-Guillaume,
>
> Sorry for disturbing you. This is really important for us to pass this test on the pacemaker resiliency and robustness.
> To my understanding, it's the pacemakerd who feeds the watchdog. If only the crmd is hung, fencing will not work. Am I correct here?
>
> Regards,
> Shermal Fernando

Watchdog fencing is not ideal. If you're running a critical enough
environment, consider using IPMI or other "real" fencing methods.
Personally, we use (and recommend) IPMI as a primary fence method with a
pair of switched PDUs as a backup fence method. This provides full
coverage and is generally a lot faster.

--
Digimer
access to education?