[ClusterLabs] fence_apc delay?

Dan Swartzendruber dswartz at druber.com
Fri Sep 2 09:14:30 EDT 2016

So, I was testing my ZFS dual-head JBOD 2-node cluster.  Manual
failovers worked just fine.  I then went to try an acid-test by logging
in to node A and doing 'systemctl stop network'.  Sure enough, pacemaker
told the APC fencing agent to power-cycle node A.  The ZFS pool moved to
node B as expected.  As soon as node A was back up, I migrated the
pool/IP back to node A.  I *thought* all was okay, until a bit later, I
did 'zpool status', and saw checksum errors on both sides of several of
the vdevs.  After much digging and poking, the only theory I could come
up with was that maybe the fencing operation was considered complete too
quickly?  I googled for examples using this, and the best tutorial I
found showed using a power-wait=5, whereas the default seems to be
power-wait=0?  (this is CentOS 7, btw...)  I changed it to use 5 instead
of 0, and did a several fencing operations while a guest VM (vsphere via
NFS) was writing to the pool.  So far, no evidence of corruption.  BTW,
the way I was creating and managing the cluster was with the lcmc java
gui.  Possibly the power-wait default of 0 comes from there, I can't
really tell.  Any thoughts or ideas appreciated :)