[ClusterLabs] stonithd/fenced filling up logs

Dimitri Maziuk dmaziuk at bmrb.wisc.edu
Wed Oct 5 13:14:06 EDT 2016

On 10/05/2016 11:56 AM, Israel Brewster wrote:

> As you say, though, this is something I'll simply need to get over if I want
> real HA

The sad truth is making simple stupid stuff that Just Works(tm) is not
cool. Making stuff that will run a cluster of 1001 randomly mixed
active, somewhat-active, mostly-passive, etc. nodes, power-off anything
it doesn't like, when that fails: fence it with the Lights-Out
Management System Du Jour, when that fails: turn the power off at the
networked PDUs... and bring you warmed-up slippers in the morning, now
that's cool.

And when you ask: if there's only two node and one can't talk to the
other, how does it know that it's the other node and not itself that
needs to be fenced? The "cool" developers answer: well, we just add a
delay so they don't try to fence each other at the same time.

D'oh.
</rant>

I think your problem is centos 6. Either switch to 7 or ditch pacemaker
and go heartbeat in haresources mode + mon and a little perl scripting.
I'm running both, the haresources version. I get about 1 instance of the
scary split brain per 2 cluster/years and almost all of them are caused
by me doing something stupid.
--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin