[ClusterLabs] pacemaker compile error

Jan Pokorný jpokorny at redhat.com
Mon Oct 31 14:33:57 UTC 2016

On 27/10/16 19:13 +0200, ferdinando wrote:
> i'm trying to install pacemaker cluster in a testing environment (2 nodes
> Fedora release 24, 4.7.9-200.fc24.x86_64)
> i have problems compiling last commit
> (19c0d74717fb1e9701d51b206823a3386a114caa) of pacemaker.
> chunk of log:
>
> [...]
>
>   CC       libcrmcommon_la-mainloop.lo
> mainloop.c:406:8: error: unknown type name ‘qb_array_t’
>  static qb_array_t *gio_map = NULL;
>         ^~~~~~~~~~
>
> [...]
>

> libqb compile is fine:
>
> libqb.pc
> ===========================
> prefix=/usr
> exec_prefix=${prefix}
> libdir=/usr/lib64
> includedir=${prefix}/include
>
> Name: libqb
> Version: 1.0.0.53-026a
>
> [...]

This indicates you are using current bleeding-edge master branch of
libqb, which is quite relevant, see below.

> qbarray.h is present and qb_array_t seems to be declared.
>
> i'm not a guru so can anyone help me to figure out what i have to do to solve
> this error?

The issue should be solved with this PR:
https://github.com/ClusterLabs/pacemaker/pull/1163

> Low: fix missing qbarray.h include, no longer brought by qbipc[cs].h
>
> Pacemaker should by no mean rely on fancy (and sometimes improper)
> transitive includes present with some versions of libqb, and use
> the API properly; here: when you use functionality from qbarray.h,
> care to include it.

>   (initial report, thanks Ferdinando!)
>   https://github.com/ClusterLabs/libqb/pull/228/commits/c1c26c94cb38e1b40d063a7e5fa29f2de033ed37
>   (commit that introduced the change at the libqb side)

Hope this helps.

> sorry for my bad english...
> thanks in advance! =)

Again, thanks for the report!

It takes effort to catch usage mistakes like these.

--
Jan (Poki)