[ClusterLabs] Antw: Re: Antw: Re: Antw: Re: When the DC crmd is frozen, cluster decisions are delayed infinitely

Jan Friesse jfriesse at redhat.com
Thu Oct 20 06:46:22 UTC 2016

> On 10/14/2016 11:21 AM, renayama19661014 at ybb.ne.jp wrote:
>> Hi Klaus,
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I tried prototype of watchdog using WD service.
>>   - https://github.com/HideoYamauchi/pacemaker/commit/3ee97b76e0212b1790226864dfcacd1a327dbcc9
>>
>> Please comment.
> Thank you Hideo for providing the prototype.
> Added the patch to my build and it seems to
> be working as expected.
>
> A few thoughts triggered by this approach:
>
> - we have to alert the corosync-people as in
>    a chat with Jan Friesse he pointed me to the
>    fact that for corosync 3.x the wd-service was
>    planned to be removed

Actually I didn't express myself correctly. What I wanted to say was
"I'm considering idea of removing it", simply because it's disabled in
downstream.

BUT keep in mind that removing functionality = ask community to find out
if there is not somebody actively using it.

And because there is active users and future use case, removing of wd is
not an option.