[ClusterLabs] Antw: Re: Antw: Re: OCFS2 on cLVM with node waiting for fencing timeout

Eric Ren zren at suse.com
Thu Oct 13 09:46:17 UTC 2016

Hi,

On 10/13/2016 04:36 PM, Ulrich Windl wrote:
> <73f764d0-75e7-122f-ff4e-d0b27dbdd818 at suse.com>:
> [...]
>>> When assuming node h01 still lived when communication failed, wouldn't
>> quorum prevent h01 from doing anything with DLM and OCFS2 anyway?
>> Not sure I understand you correctly. By default, loosing quorum will make
>> DLM stop service.
> That's what I'm talking about: If 1 of 3 nodes is rebooting (or the cluster is split-brain 1:2), the single node CANNOT continue due to lack of quorum, while the remaining two nodes can. Is it still necessary to wait for completion of stonith?
quorum and fencing completion are different conditions to be checked before starting
providing service again. FYI,

https://github.com/renzhengeek/libdlm/blob/master/dlm_controld/cpg.c#L603

>> See `man dlm_controld`:
>> ```
>> --enable_quorum_lockspace 0|1
>>                  enable/disable quorum requirement for lockspace operations
>> ```
> Does not exist in SLES11 SP4...
Well, I think it's better to keeps the default behavior. Otherwise, it's dangerous when
brain-split happens.

Eric