[ClusterLabs] Antw: Re: Establishing Timeouts

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Tue Oct 11 06:35:46 UTC 2016

Nachricht <0713ae34-7606-a82b-47f8-5cc64bfca9ef at redhat.com>:
> On 10/10/2016 08:35 PM, Eric Robinson wrote:
>> Basically, when we turn off a switch, I want to keep the cluster from
> failing over before Linux bonding has had a chance to recover.
>>
>> I'm mostly interested in prventing false-positive cluster failovers that
> might occur during manual network maintenance (for example, testing switch
> and link outages).
>
> As you probably know when manual maintenance is being done
> you might take advantage of that knowledge by e.g. unmanaging
> the cluster during that time.

If you manage everything yourself, it's OK, but sometimes electrical departments do test circuit breakers (required in Germany by law) early in the morning, etc. Your sleep is better if you don't have to care about such periodic events.
If every problem would follow a schedule, you wouldn't need HA ;-)