[ClusterLabs] Pacemaker and Oracle ASM

Chad Cravens chad.cravens at ossys.com
Fri Oct 7 12:46:28 EDT 2016

Hello:

I'm working on a project where the client is using Oracle ASM (volume
manager) for database storage. I have implemented a cluster before using
LVM with ext4 and understand there are resource agents (RA) already
existing within the ocf:heartbeat group that can manage which nodes connect
and disconnect to the filesystem and prevents data corruption. For example:

pcs resource create my_lvm LVM volgrpname=my_vg \
exclusive=true --group apachegroup

pcs resource create my_fs Filesystem \
device="/dev/my_vg/my_lv" directory="/var/www" fstype="ext4" --group \
apachegroup

I'm curious if anyone has had a situation where Oracle ASM is used instead
of LVM? ASM seems pretty standard for Oracle databases, but not sure what
resource agent I can use to manage the ASM manager?

Thanks!

--
Kindest Regards,
Chad Cravens