[ClusterLabs] Corosync ring shown faulty between healthy nodes & networks (rrp_mode: passive)

Klaus Wenninger kwenning at redhat.com
Thu Oct 6 16:25:49 UTC 2016

On 10/06/2016 06:02 PM, Dimitri Maziuk wrote:
> On 10/06/2016 09:26 AM, Klaus Wenninger wrote:
>
>> Usually one - at least me so far - would rather think that having
>> the awareness of redundany/cluster as high up as possible in the
>> protocol/application-stack would open up possibilities for more
>> appropriate reactions.
> The obvious counter-example is a hard disk failure: they're common on
> commodity spinning rust drives and they're cheap and easy to handle at
> lower level by throwing in a 2nd one in mdadm raid-1.
Not so sure if there wouldn't be fancy things a database or
something even higher level could do when it knows that
it is sending records to parallel storages.
Especially when you think of a clustered service sitting on top ...
But it is convenient because all layers on top can be completely
agnostic of the duplicity.