[ClusterLabs] changing constraints and checking quorum at the same time

Christopher Harvey cwh at eml.cc
Tue Oct 4 16:36:11 EDT 2016

I was wondering if it is possible to ask pacemaker to add a resource
constraint and make sure that the majority of the cluster sees this
constraint modification or fail if quorum is not achieved.

This is from within the context of a program issuing pacemaker commands,
not an operator, so race conditions are my main concern.

If I cannot "set-and-check" a constraint modification using pacemaker
alone, is there some kind of sequence of bash commands that I could run
that would guarantee adequate propagation of my constraint?

Thanks,
Chris