[ClusterLabs] Antw: Re: Antw: Re: Antw: Pacemaker 1.1.16 - Release Candidate 1

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Wed Nov 9 02:59:35 EST 2016

<92c4a0de-33ce-cdc2-a778-17fddfe63865 at redhat.com>:
> On 11/08/2016 03:02 AM, Ulrich Windl wrote:

[...]
> The user is responsible for choosing meaningful values. For example, if
> node-health-base is +10 but yellow is -15, then any yellow attribute
> will still push resources away. Of course, that could still be
> meaningful when combined with other scores -- someone might do that if
> they want a location preference of +5 to counteract a single yellow
> attribute. Or maybe instead of node-health-base, someone sets a positive
> stickiness, so existing resources can stay on a yellow node, but new
> resources won't be placed there. It can be as simple or complicated as
> you want to get :)

I think it's too complicated, already: In my simple world nodes with status "green" are OK to run any resource, nodes with status "yellow" should not start new resources, and nodes with status "red" should move away running resources. Ok, I see the some people have a desire for "orange", "indian yellow" and a lots of different colors on the spectrum, but thinking of the seemingly endless cases to test, I prefer a simple world ;-)