[ClusterLabs] pacemaker after upgrade from wheezy to jessie

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Thu Nov 3 10:39:07 EDT 2016

On 11/03/2016 05:51 AM, Toni Tschampke wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we just upgraded our nodes from wheezy 7.11 (pacemaker 1.1.7) to jessie
> (pacemaker 1.1.15, corosync 2.3.6).
> During the upgrade pacemaker was removed (rc) and reinstalled after from
> jessie-backports, same for crmsh.
>
> Now we are encountering multiple problems:
>
> First I checked the configuration on a single node running pacemaker &
> corosync which dropped a strange error, followed by multiple lines
> stating syntax is wrong. crm configure show then showed up a mixed view
> of xml and crmsh singleline syntax.
>
>> ERROR: Cannot read schema file
> '/usr/share/pacemaker/pacemaker-1.1.rng': [Errno 2] No such file or
> directory: '/usr/share/pacemaker/pacemaker-1.1.rng'

pacemaker-1.1.rng was renamed to pacemaker-next.rng in Pacemaker 1.1.12,
as it was used to hold experimental new features rather than as the
actual next version of the schema. So, the schema skipped to 1.2.

I'm going to guess you were using the experimental 1.1 schema as the
"validate-with" at the top of /var/lib/pacemaker/cib/cib.xml. Try
changing the validate-with to pacemaker-next or pacemaker-1.2 and see if
you get better results. Don't edit the file directly though; use the
cibadmin command so it signs the end result properly.

After changing the validate-with, run:

  crm_verify -x /var/lib/pacemaker/cib/cib.xml

and fix any errors that show up.