[ClusterLabs] Antw: OS Patching Process

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Wed Nov 23 08:23:44 UTC 2016

>>> Jason A Ramsey <jason at eramsey.org> schrieb am 22.11.2016 um 17:35 in
Nachricht
<37447F13-A83E-455B-82DF-933EC7EAB498 at eramsey.org>:
> Can anyone recommend a bulletproof process for OS patching a pacemaker
> cluster that manages a drbd mirror (with LVM on top of the drbd and luns
> defined for an iscsi target cluster if that matters)? Any time I’ve tried
> mess with the cluster, it seems like I manage to corrupt my drbd filesystem,

> and now that I have actual data on the thing, that’s kind of a scary
> proposition. Thanks in advance!

I'd recommend making a backup of the DRBD data (you always should, anyway),
the shut down the cluster, upgrade all the needed components, then start the
cluster again. Do your basic tests. If you corrupted your data, re-create DRBD
from scratch. Then test again. If your data is currupted again, the new version
has a problem. Then you should go back to your old version (You have
desaster-suitable backups, right?).

Ulrich