[ClusterLabs] Query about resource stickiness

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Fri Nov 18 01:16:56 UTC 2016

On 11/17/2016 06:41 PM, phanidhar prattipati wrote:
> Good Morning All,
>
> I have configured HA on 3 nodes and in order to disable automatic fail
> over i need to set resource stickiness value and not sure how to
> calculate it. Currently i set it o INFINITY which i believe is not the
> right way of doing it. Any pointers how to calculate based on the
> environment set up will be really great help?
>

> --
> Thanks,
> Phanidhar

INFINITY is fine -- many people use that for stickiness.

It's simply a matter of preference. How it matters is when weighing
against other scores in your configuration.

For example, let's say you have a resource R with a location constraint
preferring node N, and you have resource stickiness.

If N crashes or is shut down, R will move to another node. When N comes
back, R will stay on the other node, if the resource stickiness is
higher than the location constraint's score; it will move back to N, if
the location constraint's score is higher.

A score of INFINITY means never move back, as long as the new node stays up.