[ClusterLabs] How Pacemaker reacts to fast changes of the same parameter in configuration

Kostiantyn Ponomarenko konstantin.ponomarenko at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 16:30:58 UTC 2016

When one problem seems to be solved, another one appears.
Now my script looks this way:

    crm --wait configure rsc_defaults resource-stickiness=50
    crm configure rsc_defaults resource-stickiness=150

While now I am sure that transactions caused by the first command won't be
aborted, I see another possible problem here.
With a minimum load in the cluster it took 22 sec for this script to
finish.
I see here a weakness.
If a node on which this script is called goes down for any reasons, then
"resource-stickiness" is not set back to its original value, which is vary
bad.

So, now I am thinking of how to solve this problem. I would appreciate any
thoughts about this.

Is there a way to ask Pacemaker to do these commands sequentially so there
is no need to wait in the script?
If it is possible, than I think that my concern from above goes away.

Another thing which comes to my mind - is to use time based rules.
This ways when I need to do a manual fail-back, I simply set (or update) a
time-based rule from the script.
And the rule will basically say - set "resource-stickiness" to 50 right now
and expire in 10 min.
This looks good at the first glance, but there is no a reliable way to put
a minimum sufficient time for it; at least not I am aware of.
And the thing is - it is important to me that "resource-stickiness" is set
back to its original value as soon as possible.

Those are my thoughts. As I said, I appreciate any ideas here.

Thank you,
Kostia