[ClusterLabs] Antw: Pacemaker 1.1.16 - Release Candidate 1

Jan Pokorný jpokorny at redhat.com
Fri Nov 4 07:53:56 UTC 2016

On 04/11/16 08:29 +0100, Ulrich Windl wrote:
> Ken Gaillot <kgaillot at redhat.com> schrieb am 03.11.2016 um 17:08 in
> Nachricht <8af2ff98-05fd-a2c7-f670-58d0ff68ee55 at redhat.com>:
>> ClusterLabs is happy to announce the first release candidate for
>> Pacemaker version 1.1.16. Source code is available at:
>>
>> https://github.com/ClusterLabs/pacemaker/releases/tag/Pacemaker-1.1.16-rc1
>>
>> The most significant enhancements in this release are:
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> * Previously, the OCF_RESKEY_CRM_meta_notify_active_* variables were not
>> properly passed to multistate resources with notification enabled. This
>> has been fixed. To help resource agents detect when the fix is
>> available, the CRM feature set has been incremented. (Whenever the
>> feature set changes, mixed-version clusters are supported only during
>> rolling upgrades -- nodes with an older version will not be allowed to
>> rejoin once they shut down.)
>
> Where can I find a description of current "CRM feature sets"?

It's originally internal-only versioning for cluster to know which
node has the oldest software and hence is predestined to be DC
(in rolling update scenario).

Ken recently mapped these versions (together with LRMD protocol
versions relevant in the context of pacemaker remote communication)
to proper release versions: http://clusterlabs.org/wiki/ReleaseCalendar

--
Jan (Poki)