[ClusterLabs] What is the logic when two node are down at the same time and needs to be fenced

Niu Sibo niusibo at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Nov 2 12:17:25 EDT 2016

Hi all,

I have a general question regarding the fence login in pacemaker.

I have setup a three nodes cluster with Pacemaker 1.1.13 and cluster
property no_quorum_policy set to ignore. When two nodes lost their NIC
corosync is running on at the same time, it looks like the two nodes are
getting fenced one by one, even I have three fence devices defined for
each of the node.

What should I be expecting in the case?

I noticed if the node rejoins the cluster before the cluster starts the
fence actions, some resources will get activated on 2 nodes at the
sametime. This is really not good if the resource happens to be
VirutalGuest.  Thanks for any suggestions.