[ClusterLabs] start a resource

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Tue May 17 10:21:22 EDT 2016

On 05/16/2016 12:22 PM, Dimitri Maziuk wrote:
> On 05/13/2016 04:31 PM, Ken Gaillot wrote:
>
>> That is definitely not a properly functioning cluster. Something
>> is going wrong at some level.
>
> Yeah, well... how do I find out what/where?

What happens after "pcs resource cleanup"? "pcs status" reports the
time associated with each failure, so you can check whether you are
seeing the same failure or a new one.

The system log is usually the best starting point, as it will have
messages from pacemaker, corosync and the resource agents. You can
look around the time of the failure(s) to look for details or anything
unusual.

Pacemaker also has a detail log (by default, /var/log/pacemaker.log).
In general, this is more useful to developers than administrators, but
if the system log doesn't help, it can sometimes shed a little more light.

> One question: in corosync.conf I have nodelist { node { ring0_addr:
> node1_name nodeid: 1 } node { ring0_addr: node2_name nodeid: 2 } }
>
> Could 'pcs cluster stop/start' reset the interface that resolves
> to nodeX_name? If so, that would answer why ssh connections get
> killed.

No, Pacemaker and pcs don't touch the interfaces (unless of course you
explicitly add a cluster resource to do so, which wouldn't work anyway
for the interface(s) that corosync itself needs to use).