[ClusterLabs] Bad help in crm shell? (You can prevent 'clone' from running on a specific location with: --ban --host <name>)

Kristoffer Grönlund kgronlund at suse.com
Tue May 17 08:51:49 EDT 2016

Ulrich Windl <Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de> writes:

> Hi!
>
> I tried to move a primitive away from a node with crm shell:
>
> crm resource migrate clone PT5M
>
> This results in the message:
> Resource 'clone' not moved: active in 2 locations.
> You can prevent 'clone' from running on a specific location with: --ban --host <name>
>
> However when I tried it on host "node", I got:
> crm resource migrate --ban --host node clone PT5M
> ERROR: resource.migrate: Not our node: --host
>
> So is the online help wrong?
>
> crmsh-2.1.2+git132.gbc9fde0-10.1 of SLES11 SP4

This is an issue with how crmsh works in this case: it calls
crm_resource to do the actual work, and crm_resource is printing the
message.

I'll look into catching and modifying the error to match the crmsh
arguments.

In this case, the correct syntax for crmsh is

        crm resource ban PT5M node

Cheers,
Kristoffer