[ClusterLabs] start a resource

Dimitri Maziuk dmaziuk at bmrb.wisc.edu
Fri May 6 14:01:29 EDT 2016

On 05/06/2016 12:05 PM, Ian wrote:
> Are you getting any other errors now that you've fixed the config?

It's running now that I did the cluster stop/start, but no: I wasn't
getting any other errors. I did have a symlink resource "stopped" for no
apparent reason and with no errors logged.

The cluster is a basic active-passive pair. The relevant part of the
setup is:

drbd filesystem
floating ip
  colocated with drbd filesystem +inf
  order drbd filesystem then floating ip

ocf:heartbeat:symlink resource that
  does /etc/rsyncd.conf -> /drbd/etc/rsyncd.conf
  colocated with drbd filesystem +inf
  order drbd filesystem then the symlink

ocf:heartbeat:rsyncd resource that is
  colocated with the symlink
  order symlink then rsyncd
  order floating ip then rsyncd

(Looking at this, maybe I should also colocate rsyncd with floating ip
to avoid any confusion in pacemaker's little brain.)

But this is not specific to rsyncd: the behaviour was exactly the same
when a co-worker made a typo in apache config (which is another resource
on the same cluster). The only way to restart apache was to "pcs cluster
stop ; pcs cluster start" and that randomly killed ssh connections to
the nodes' "proper" IPs.

--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin