[ClusterLabs] pacemaker and fence_sanlock

Da Shi Cao dscao999 at hotmail.com
Wed May 11 22:14:49 EDT 2016

Dear all,

I'm just beginning to use pacemaker+corosync as our HA solution on Linux, but I got stuck at the stage of configuring fencing.

Pacemaker 1.1.15,  Corosync Cluster Engine, version '2.3.5.46-d245', and sanlock 3.3.0 (built May 10 2016 05:13:12)

I have the following questions:

1. stonith_admin --list-installed will only list two agents: fence_pcmk, fence_legacy before sanlock is compiled and installed under /usr/local. But after "make install" of sanlock, stonith_admin --list-installed will list:

 fence_sanlockd
 fence_sanlock
 fence_pcmk
 fence_legacy
 It is weird and I wonder what makes stonith_admin know about fence_sanlock?

2. How to configure the fencing by fence_sanlock into pacemaker? I've tried to create a new resource to do the unfencing for each node, but the resource start will fail since there is no monitor operation of fence_sanlock agent, because resource manager will fire monitor once after the start to make sure it has been started OK.

3. How to create a fencing resource to do the fencing by sanlock. This I've not tried yet. But I wonder which node/nodes of the majority will initiate the fence operations to the nodes without quorum.

Thank you very much.
Dashi Cao