[ClusterLabs] bug in crm shell (SLES11 SP4)? required parameters not checked

Dejan Muhamedagic dejanmm at fastmail.fm
Tue May 10 17:24:24 UTC 2016

Hi,

On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 02:51:19PM +0200, Kristoffer Grönlund wrote:
> Ulrich Windl <Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de> writes:
>
> > Hi!
> >
> > I think I found this bug in crm shell (crmsh-2.1.2+git132.gbc9fde0-7.2):
> >
> > When defining a new primitive, required parameters are not checked (I'm using my own RA, but any RA should do):
> >
> > --
> > crm(live)configure# primitive bad ocf:xola:iotwatch
> > crm(live)configure#
> > --
> >
> > But when I edit the primitive the error is detected:
> >
> > --
> > crm(live)configure# edit bad
> > WARNING: bad: default timeout 20s for stop is smaller than the advised 90s
> > ERROR: bad: required parameter target not defined
> > Edit or discard changes (yes to edit, no to discard) (y/n)?
> > --
>
> Yes, I have thought about changing this, currently changes are only
> checked when calling edit, commit or verify. Maybe it would be better to
> check immediately.
>
> As things work now, the primitive is not actually created in pacemaker
> until commit which does the verification. So it'll still get checked,
> just at a later stage.
>
> Not quite a bug, but maybe not perfect..

Hard to match everybody's expectations :) But, there are good
news: some options control when/how to check the configuration.
See:

$ crm help Checks
$ crm options help check-frequency
$ crm options help check-mode

If none of these settings match Ulrich's preferences, maybe he
could pledge his case to introduce more.

Cheers,

Dejan