[ClusterLabs] Unable to run Pacemaker: pcmk_child_exit

Nikhil Utane nikhil.subscribed at gmail.com
Thu May 5 09:36:12 EDT 2016

Hi,

Continuing with my adventure to run Pacemaker & Corosync on our big-endian
system, I managed to get past the corosync issue for now. But facing an
issue in running Pacemaker.

Seeing following messages in corosync.log.
 pacemakerd:  warning: pcmk_child_exit:  The cib process (20000) can no
longer be respawned, shutting the cluster down.
 pacemakerd:  warning: pcmk_child_exit:  The stonith-ng process (20001) can
no longer be respawned, shutting the cluster down.
 pacemakerd:  warning: pcmk_child_exit:  The lrmd process (20002) can no
longer be respawned, shutting the cluster down.
 pacemakerd:  warning: pcmk_child_exit:  The attrd process (20003) can no
longer be respawned, shutting the cluster down.
 pacemakerd:  warning: pcmk_child_exit:  The pengine process (20004) can no
longer be respawned, shutting the cluster down.
 pacemakerd:  warning: pcmk_child_exit:  The crmd process (20005) can no
longer be respawned, shutting the cluster down.

I see following error before these messages. Not sure if this is the cause.
May 05 11:26:24 [19998] airv_cu pacemakerd:    error:
cluster_connect_quorum:   Corosync quorum is not configured

I tried removing the quorum block (which is anyways blank) from the conf
file but still had the same error.

Attaching the log and conf files. Please let me know if there is any
obvious mistake or how to investigate it further.

I am using pcs cluster start command to start the cluster

-Thanks
Nikhil