[ClusterLabs] Antw: Re: kvm live migration, resource moving

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Mon May 2 17:51:43 EDT 2016

On 04/27/2016 09:08 AM, Klechomir wrote:
> Hi List,
> I have two major problems related to the VirtualDomain live migration
> and failover in general.
> I'm using Pacemaker 1.1.8, which is very stable and used to do
> everything right to me.

I completely understand staying on an older version that works in your
use case -- but be aware that the people who can help you have moved on
to newer versions and won't be familiar with the differences.

> 1. Live migration during failover (node standby or shutdown) is ok, but
> during failback, the VMs (which prefer the returning node) are trying to
> migrate too early and ignore the order/colocation constraints.

What are the scores on the various constraints and stickiness? Pacemaker
will sum up all the scores relevant to each node and pick the node with
the highest score.

This might be the issue fixed in commit 96d6ecf, which was part of 1.1.12.

> 2. To be able to handle the internal VM shutdown, I have a libvirt hook,
> which simply does:
> [ "${2}" = release ] && crm resource stop ${1}
> The problem is that this hook always stops all the migrating/moving VMs
> in case of failover.

I'm not sure what your goal is. Do you want the cluster to ignore VMs
that shut down outside cluster control?