[ClusterLabs] Antw: Re: PCS, Corosync, Pacemaker, and Bind (Ken Gaillot)

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Mon Mar 21 05:25:56 EDT 2016

Nachricht <56ED5507.7070000 at conversis.de>:
> On 17.03.2016 08:45, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
>> On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 9:35 PM, Mike Bernhardt <bernhardt at bart.gov> wrote:
>>> I guess I have to say "never mind!" I don't know what the problem was
>>> yesterday, but it loads just fine today, even when the named config and the
>>> virtual ip don't match! But for your edamacation, ifconfig does NOT show the
>>> address although ip addr does:
>>>

>> That's normal. ifconfig knows nothing about addresses added using "ip
>> addr add". You can make it visible to ifconfig by adding label:
>>
>> ip addr add dev eth1 ... label eth1:my-label
>
> Just stop using ifconfig/route and keep using the ip command.
> ifconfig/route have been deprecated for a decade now and I know old
> habits die hard but at some point you just have to move on otherwise you
> might end up like those admins who stopped learning in the 80s and now
> haunt discussion forums mostly contributing snark and negativity because
> they've come to hate their jobs.

Well it depends: When you are yound you tend to think "new is good" and "the latest update is the best", but when you have accumulated many years of experience you sometimes dobt whether the latest is really the best. It's not always true and I personally still use GNU Emacs and I hate tham vim is not like vi in some situations ;-)

Ulrich