[ClusterLabs] pacemaker remote configuration on ubuntu 14.04

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Mon Mar 7 10:40:43 EST 2016

On 03/06/2016 07:43 PM, Сергей Филатов wrote:
> Hi,
> I’m trying to set up pacemaker_remote resource on ubuntu 14.04
> I followed "remote node walkthrough” guide (http://clusterlabs.org/doc/en-US/Pacemaker/1.1/html-single/Pacemaker_Remote/#idm140473081667280 <http://clusterlabs.org/doc/en-US/Pacemaker/1.1/html-single/Pacemaker_Remote/#idm140473081667280>)
> After creating ocf:pacemaker:remote resource on cluster node, remote node doesn’t show up as online.
> I guess I need to configure remote agent to listen on ipv4, where can I configure it?
> Or is there any other steps to set up remote node besides the ones mentioned in guide?
> tcp6       0      0 :::3121                 :::*                    LISTEN      21620/pacemaker_rem off (0.00/0/0)
>
> pacemaker and pacemaker_remote are 1.12 version

pacemaker_remote will try to bind to IPv6 addresses first, and only if
that fails, will it bind to IPv4. There is no way to configure this
behavior currently, though it obviously would be nice to have.

The only workarounds I can think of are to make IPv6 connections work
between the cluster and the remote node, or disable IPv6 on the remote
node. Using IPv6, there could be an issue if your name resolution
returns both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses for the remote host; you could
potentially work around that by adding an IPv6-only name for it, and
using that as the server option to the remote resource.