[ClusterLabs] Corosync do not send traffic

Jan Friesse jfriesse at redhat.com
Wed Mar 30 11:42:30 UTC 2016

Roberto Munoz Gomez napsal(a):

>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Due to a change in the switch in one of the datacenters now I have an odd
>>> behaviour in the cluster.
>>>
>>> I am using cman with corosync and pacemaker. The versions are:
>>>
>>> pacemaker-1.1.10-14.el6_5.3.x86_64
>>> corosync-1.4.1-15.el6_4.1.x86_64
>>> cman-3.0.12.1-49.el6.x86_64
>>>
>>> The problem is, when I launch /etc/init.d/pacemaker start and the
>>> cman_tool
>>> launch corosync, I don't see any UDP traffic, so the cluster is "broken"
>>>
>>> But if I launch manually the same command "corosync -f" I do see udp
>>> traffic and the totem is correctly sent between nodes.
>>>
>>> It all began with the change in the switch, but I set the tcpdump in the
>>> hosts and I do not see traffic.
>>>
>>> I have tried the multicast and unicast configuration, different network,
>>> but all with the same behaviour.
>>>
>>> What am I missing?
>>>

>> I'm pretty sure main problem is that:
>> - corosync -f uses /etc/corosync/corosync.conf as a config file
>> - cman_tool join uses /etc/cluster/cluster.conf as a config file
>>
>> Make sure to "replicate" (specially udpu/udp, ...) configuration from
>> corosync.conf to cluster.conf and I'm pretty sure it will work.
>>

> Every modification I do is copied to the other node. The problem is not

That's expected.

> between the nodes, if they talk to each other they undestand, as  it has
> been the last 2 years.

I'm lost. You've told that running "corosync -f" gives you different
results than "cman_tool join" right? So even switch may cause some
problem, it's probably something in configuration in cluster.conf which
differs from corosync.conf and makes corosync executed via cman not
working, right?

> But, I don't know why, since the new switch (i've just been informed they
> changed the switch with a new one) there is no outgoing udp traffic from
> the nodes.

You can try to change mtu (<totem netmtu="mtu_value" />) or ttl.

Regards,
   Honza