[ClusterLabs] Set "start-failure-is-fatal=false" on only one resource?

Sam Gardner SGardner at trustwave.com
Fri Mar 25 14:27:27 UTC 2016

on-fail=restart doesn't appear to do anything - the DRBDSlave resource
failcount is still at INFINITY after the secondary node is rebooted:

Is there anything else that I've screwed up in the config somehow?
Migration threshold doesn't seem to have a ton of meaning in the sense of
a Slave resource; it does not seem appropriate to try to swap the roles of
a DRBD resource pair if the slave doesn't come up.

[root at ha-d1 ~]# pcs resource failcount show DRBDSlave
Failcounts for DRBDSlave
 ha-d2.dev.com: INFINITY

[root at ha-d1 ~]# pcs property list --all
Cluster Properties:
start-failure-is-fatal: true
 startup-fencing: true

[root at ha-d1 ~]# pcs resource show --full
Master: DRBDMaster
 Meta Attrs: master-max=1 master-node-max=1 clone-max=2 clone-node-max=1
notify=true failure-timeout=20s
 Resource: DRBDSlave (class=ocf provider=linbit type=drbd)
  Attributes: drbd_resource=wwwdata
  Meta Attrs: failure-timeout=33s
  Operations: monitor interval=11s (DRBDSlave-monitor-interval-11s
              start interval=0s on-fail=restart
(DRBDSlave-start-on-fail-restart)
              monitor interval=13s role=Master
(DRBDSlave-monitor-interval-13s)

--
Sam Gardner
Trustwave | SMART SECURITY ON DEMAND

On 3/25/16, 2:46 AM, "emmanuel segura" <emi2fast at gmail.com> wrote:

>try to use on-fail for single resource.

>> Sam Gardner <SGardner at trustwave.com> wrote:
>>> I'm having some trouble on a few of my clusters in which the DRBD
>>>Slave resource does not want to come up after a reboot until I manually
>>>run resource cleanup.
>>>
>>> Setting 'start-failure-is-fatal=false' as a global cluster property
>>>and a failure-timeout works to resolve the issue, but I don't really
>>>want the start failure set everywhere.
>>>
>>> While I work on figuring out why the slave resource isn't coming up,
>>>is it possible to set 'start-failure-is-fatal=false'  only on the
>>>DRBDSlave resource, or does this need a patch?
>>
>> No, start-failure-is-fatal is a cluster-wide setting.  But IIUC you
>> could also set migration-threshold=1 cluster-wide (i.e. in
>> rsc_defaults), and then override it to either 0 or something higher
>> just for this resource.  You may find this interesting reading:
>>

>>http://scanmail.trustwave.com/?c=4062&d=0-301oZVrN6cXkPyrxQAeOqA2qUmK-xqY
>>K-au4N3jw&s=5&u=https%3a%2f%2fgithub%2ecom%2fcrowbar%2fcrowbar-ha%2fpull%
>>2f102%2fcommits%2fde94e1e42ba52c2cdb496becbd73f07bc2501871

>>rs
>>
>> Project Home:
>>http://scanmail.trustwave.com/?c=4062&d=0-301oZVrN6cXkPyrxQAeOqA2qUmK-xqY
>>K3IvN5y2A&s=5&u=http%3a%2f%2fwww%2eclusterlabs%2eorg
>> Getting started:
>>http://scanmail.trustwave.com/?c=4062&d=0-301oZVrN6cXkPyrxQAeOqA2qUmK-xqY
>>K6dtYJxjQ&s=5&u=http%3a%2f%2fwww%2eclusterlabs%2eorg%2fdoc%2fCluster%5ffr
>>om%5fScratch%2epdf
>> Bugs:
>>http://scanmail.trustwave.com/?c=4062&d=0-301oZVrN6cXkPyrxQAeOqA2qUmK-xqY
>>KzNu9Z22Q&s=5&u=http%3a%2f%2fbugs%2eclusterlabs%2eorg
>

>--
>  .~.
>  /V\
> //  \\
>/(   )\
>^`~'^

>Project Home:
>http://scanmail.trustwave.com/?c=4062&d=0-301oZVrN6cXkPyrxQAeOqA2qUmK-xqYK
>3IvN5y2A&s=5&u=http%3a%2f%2fwww%2eclusterlabs%2eorg
>Getting started:
>http://scanmail.trustwave.com/?c=4062&d=0-301oZVrN6cXkPyrxQAeOqA2qUmK-xqYK
>6dtYJxjQ&s=5&u=http%3a%2f%2fwww%2eclusterlabs%2eorg%2fdoc%2fCluster%5ffrom
>%5fScratch%2epdf
>Bugs:
>http://scanmail.trustwave.com/?c=4062&d=0-301oZVrN6cXkPyrxQAeOqA2qUmK-xqYK
>zNu9Z22Q&s=5&u=http%3a%2f%2fbugs%2eclusterlabs%2eorg

This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the information contained herein (including any reliance thereon) is strictly prohibited. If you received this transmission in error, please immediately contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format.